Pedestrians and people riding bicycles are involved in accidents each and every day. These accidents can cause very serious injuries because of the unprotected nature of the pedestrian or the bicycle rider. Pedestrians and bicycle operators who are hit by motor vehicles suffer a variety of injuries some of them are life-threatening. These can include broken bones, concussions, spinal cord injuries, soft tissue injuries, disfigurement injuries, soft tissue injuries in the worst cases, death.
How do Pedestrian Accidents and Bicycle Accidents Occur
There are many different circumstances under which pedestrian accidents and bicycle accidents happen in Florida. Some of the more common causes could include the following:
- General negligence on the part of the motor vehicle operator
- Failure of the motorist to yield the right-of-way
- Failure to stop for pedestrians
- Failure to stop at stop signs or traffic lights
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- A general disregard of traffic rules
What Should I do if I Have Been Injured in a Pedestrian or Bicycle Accident
- Call 911-make sure the police are told why the driver of the motor vehicle is at fault in causing your accident. Never admit fault. Make sure you are taken by ambulance to the emergency room of the closest hospital
- Obtain photographic evidence, if you are able-is important that you take as many pictures as possible of the accident site, the vehicle that hit you, where the vehicle was located, the sight line of the accident site, there are any skid marks or other evidence to indicate speed or establish what happened, and any and all other photographic evidence that can help in the development of your case
- Call our Largo personal injury lawyers-is very important that you contact one of our Largo personal injury lawyers who handle pedestrian and bicycle accidents. We will be happy to tell you what you should be doing and what you should not be doing. We will walk you through the process of how your cases develop and help you to maximize the amount of money you are able to get for your case
- Follow-up with a doctor-after you get out of the hospital, or after your accident if you do not go to the hospital, follow-up with the doctor as soon as possible to determine what your future care and treatment will be so you can get better as quickly as possible
- Our FL pedestrian and bicycle accident attorneys take these cases on a contingency fee basis and advance the costs to develop your case. You will only pay our costs and fees if we recover money damages for you. If there is no recovery you will pay no legal fees and no costs. You will not have to come up with any money out of your own pocket to hire our Largo personal injury lawyers. It is just that simple!